Well, this is sort of what I am looking for...

"A signal can be sent in response to a hardware event, such as a
deactivation of the z/VM image..."

I have all of the signals etc. set for the guest OSs but when someone pulled
the plug (deactivated) on the HMC to stop my LPAR z/VM ended immediatly...
OK so maybe this is a hardware question 'how to delay LPAR activation while
z/VM shuts down?'.