Hi Scott,

Yes, the records are identical. After a SORT UNIQUE the duplicate records are discarded. The only thing that is not identical is the TOD field. The second (and third) record are produced a few miliseconds after the first. When I discard the miliseconds the records themselves are truly identical. That leads me to believe that these are seperatly created records.

The record produced by the TCPIP stack contains data from the OSA device, we are interested in the number of bytes in and out for the device during the minute interval.

As I understand it there is a buffer for each device. So the OSA devices each have a record and the CTC devices also have a record. And indeed that is what we get on other LPARs. Only on this particular LPAR we have more than one record. And only for the OSA's, not for the CTC's.

Regards, Berry.