To throw another tangent to this....

On z/VSE, FCOPY detects the present of FLASHCOPY and will use FLASHCOPY when
available and it makes sense to use it.

I got plenty of calls from Operations when a DS8100 was brought in and we
intended to phase in FLASHCOPY. FCOPY "phased" it in, very quickly  <G>.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> Scott Rohling <scott.rohl...@gmail.com> 6/16/2011 3:45 PM >>>
No - the CP FLASHCOPY command only works with the flashcopy feature on the
DASD -- it will simply fail if it's not enabled.   You may have been using a
'wrapper' EXEC that did that for you a while ago or something.

Even if FLASHCOPY is specified for an option in the CLONEBKUP tool - I would
suggest it fall back to DDR if flashcopy fails -- as it will if you are
copying dasd that are on different subsystems..

Scott Rohling