From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf
Of Buettner, Wolfgang
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 9:54 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Behaviour after restart

After a system restart OPERATOR's console hangs on its very first screen in
HOLDING status (I guess due to the fact that some system messages are
highlighted) and is waiting until the screen is cleared manually. Though there
is not any other prompt to be answered and the system itself continues to
start-up, that HOLDING seems to prevent OPERATOR from loading CMS and/or
starting its profile and other automatic processes immediately after the
virtual machine OPERATOR was started by system.

It appears it's not yet the turn of "COMMAND TERM HOLD OFF" which is
defined in the CP Directory.

So, is there a CONFIG statement or anything else to manage that?

Thank you,
Wolfgang Buettner

Software AG - Group Executive Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich
(Vorsitzender/Chairman), Arnd Zinnhardt, Mark Edwards, David Broadbent, Dr.
Hans Kraus, Dr. Wolfram Jost, Kamyar Niroumand, Ivo Totev

Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany, -
Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/ Management
Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), David Broadbent, Dr.
Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/ Chairman of the
Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com