On Monday, 07/18/2011 at 02:19 EDT, Mike Walter
<mike.wal...@aonhewitt.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the explanation.  Could one have a reasonable expectation
that in
> the z/VM release "6.next", SHUTDOWN REIPL might be updated to handle
'TERMINAL
> HOLD OFF' in the same fashion as it was handled at the previous
non-'REIPL', or
> perhaps have a more clearly-defined (less "inexplicable") action in
SYSTEM
> CONFIG?

No one has reported this behavior as a potential bug, so your expectation
is somewhat optimistic.   Until today, I never even noticed the difference
since I don't do any automated SHUTDOWN REIPLs and pressing PA2 is part of
my DNA.

If anyone feels that the current behavior is causing them difficulties,
then please contact the Support Center to discuss.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556