In my case, the access through the 3270 console of Linux guests is safe.

Since I have incorporated the protection of a password protected by ESM. And
additionally use Operations Manager to access the consoles and the product also
provides an authentication mechanism to allow access to consoles. So only
authorized personnel can access.

Using a console management tool is not only limited to sending commands to
the linux guest, you can additionally detect command responses and take actions
based on these responses. That can range from a simple command, to something
more complex as sending an email or a modification to the virtual machine
dynamically.

You could even send a script  to linux guests through console 3270.

In my case I use it for shutdown/startup of applications linux from cms.

Obviously this helps my case, but if you want to edit files on linux or use
panels that is not the solution.

Regards and Have a great day.

--
Victor Hugo Ochoa Avila