On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 06:36:44AM -0400, Karen Thomas wrote:
> I personally like some of the more moderately-framed Icelandics - I feel
> like Melnir fits me (or maybe I fit him) better than about any horse (ok,
> pony) that I've ever ridden.  But, I'm petite-framed, 5'0" tall, size 5.5-6
> shoes, and a 6" wrist, even though I'm chubbier than I should be at 138
> pounds.  But, for a large man to ride him?  Not my pony!  Even though Melnir
> is fully mature now, I have been taking my time to condition him slowly to
> carry MY weight.  It's just the nice thing to do.

*grin* one funny thing about stjarni is he looks like a "perfect fit" to
me for everybody from my 60# smallest student to my 6'2" husband.  and
of course he feels perfect to me, and i am rather tiny myself for an
adult; 5'1, 110#, size 6 ariat terrains.

then again he was 12 when i got him, so fully mature, and had been
ridden by goodness knows who before that, so perhaps he is just used to
a wide range of riders.

--vicka