--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Robyn Schulze"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > HEY JUDY! Can you re-post that photo of the moron w/ the colt,
who's
> allowing said colt to not only have its front feet on the juy's
> shoulders, but is also biting the guy in the neck at the same time?

I saw that, but my impression was that they guy lifted the colt up
in that position and seemed to be holding him there, honestly, I
can't blame the colt for biting the guy in the neck for doing that.
I have just never had the experience of a colt trying to jump on me
of their own accord. I've been through about 6 of my own in the last
few years, since 2003?, none of them ever tried anything like that,
not even close. They did, however, jump on each other, so the
behavior was there, just not directed at people. If anything, 5 out
of 6 of them were more on the skittish side when it came to people,
at first, we had to make friends with each one. Biting, a few would
give a nip at times, even Snorri the Icelandic gave me a good nip
once. Snorri is a totally different guy with the other horses than
he is with people. He is very quiet, polite with people. With other
horses, he's a little terror:) Not really that bad, but he sends the
mares off screaming many times. I was just thinking that it's really
not my general impression that colts, of any breed, tend to try and
jump on people, and that it would be the result of just handling
them. I really don't think it's horse nature to want to do that to
people, most times I really think they would rather go away. If they
are doing that, I would suspect that a person has probably
intervened and created that kind of behavior, it's really hard for
me to imagine it would be too easy to create though.

Kim