You probably won't find a three-gaited (w/t/c) TWH
> though,
> certainly nt many, while there are Icelandic's who are described as
> "four-gaited" that I don't consider to have much natural gait - but
> they can
> be excellent horses too, if you aren't gait-obsessed.  Gaits are
> gaits,
> whatever the breed, so just look at the individual horse.  Every
> breed seems
> to have some with good gaits, some with bad, and some so-so.

Well said.  Unfortunatly here on our island a TWH breeder brought in
a TWH Stallion years back that was not naturally gaited...and so we
have a stock of TWH here that I would not even consider purchasing or
helping someone to purchase if they wanted a naturally gaited
horse....they look like QH, big with a lot of muscles....Plus the
fact they got trained by trainers who actually discourage gait, so
they just do not gait.  Its weird I never saw a TWH on the mainland
that did not gait.  We have had people that said they had ridden a
gaited horse before and did not think it was any better, smoother or
different, they had ridden one of those.  So we let them ride one of
our little guys and Wallah!  Bingo!  They got it immediatley.

I have spent many many miles on the back of a TWH, and I love them.
They are Sallys and mine 2nd favorite breed, hands down.  The
Icelandics are #1 in our heart, and one of the reasons for that is
basically what Karen said earlier...more of them have the "I ain't
afraid of nothing" attitude that I adore.

I find TWH to be very smooth, surefooted and intelligent....We will
have a  pair of Walkers one day, we like the old style.....

Skye

      ~~~~Fire Island Farms~~~~
Breeding Quality Icelandic Trail Horses

             Certified Farrier Services
          'Natural Balance' Shoeing and Trimming.
         Founder, Navicular options for your horse.

                          808-640-6080