--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One of the funniest "spins" I've ever heard for why the "speed rack"
isn't a
> REAL flying pace: a rider goes into "flying pace" from canter/gallop,
> whereas a rider will go into "speed rack" from a rack.

Hi,

being new to Icelandics I am trying to follow some of the videos,
though it is almost exhausting as we are on dial up.
Please correct me if I am getting this wrong. I own a Stbd that can
pace. The pace is a bilateral gait, two beat. Is the toelt not the
same as a rack,a four beat gait, just different wording for a
different breed? So when I watch this video, I see a foot hitting the
ground not at the same time as the other foot on the same side, to me
that looks more like a rack/toelt than a pace?

Monica Lamothe
Ontario