If I clip them now,
> their coats will still grow out a little, hopefully leaving them more like a
> "normal horse" coat.

I do a full body clip on Doppa this time of the year and she still has
more coat by Dec 1 than any of the "other" breed horses around here.
If I don't clip her she is in a full sweat just standing in the
pasture - she has a heavy coat. I will then have to do a trace clip
about Dec 1 that will carry her through the winter.  On our coldest
days and nights she is still very comfortable standing outside - she's
out 24/7.  I'm sure in canada, I'd have to adjust all of that.  Mura
on the other hand doesn't have nearly as heavy coat and will just gets
a trace clip.

-- 
Laree

What a horse does under compulsion is done without understanding,
and there is no beauty in it either, any more than if one should
whip or spur a dancer.

-Xenophon

Reply via email to