On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:15:44 -0300, you wrote:

>That sounds good.  How do I know when to move the fencing?  Would
>fencing off an acre at a time be OK or would it be too small?

If it was me, I would fence off about quarter of an acre, then once
that is eaten down thoroughly, move the strip fence about  a metre per
day all the way along the longest side, so the horses always have
fresh clean grass to eat. If they don't eat it right down, you're
giving them too much - if they are sucking the roots an hour after
you've moved it, it's not enough! ; )

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"