You are so right here Karen.  Horses are reactive animals and stuff does
happen, sometimes within our control (read dumb mistake) and sometimes
outside our control.

One of the women I ride with put a bottle of carbonated water on her saddle.
Guess what happened after she decided, at the end of a trotting exercise, to
have a drink?  Her solid good ol' boy appaloosa was totally fine about
having a shower in carbonated water.

Our daughter's Arab gelding, a wonderful older endurance horse with miles
and miles of experience, had a none reaction when a goofy squirrel jumped
from a tree and landed on his shoulder.

I'd have forgiven either horse for having a "behavior" around one of these
incidents.

Nancy