--- "Debbie K." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am a barefooter, which is why I have the Track system with rocks,
> most use river rock, I use gravel, cause I ride on gravel... I have
> boots that I put on if my horse is ouchy, I don't use them often..

Just wondering ...how much money to put in a system like that in your
area?

Here it is cost prohibited for us, plus we like them to be in the
biggest pasture we can give them for a natural horse lifestyle.....

A 15' X 15' gravel area would cost us $600 (Not spread out...) not
including the fencing, (each post on our land costs us about $60 to
put in...we use trees whenever possible!) plus the full feeding every
month at $30 a bale.

We have 1 client who has a half acre completley dry lot, and 2 of
hers still have fronts and one is barefoot. (1 is a 6 year foundered
case who can not walk without shoes...all the vets told her to put
her down, but she is rideable for light trails riding with special
shoes)  None of our other clients would go for anything that labor
intensive and costly.

Skye