>>  There are three valid reasons that horses are shod: protection,
traction, or to effect a therapeutic change necessary for the horse's
health. All else is vanity

Like I said....Huginn is barefoot and I WILL BOOT as needed. I am not
anti-shoes...if a horses needs them..then use them.

Traction...I have discovered that Huginn has much better traction
...barefoot. With shoes...there were many times, we were slipping and
slidiing on wet grass and slick rocks. Not so...barefoot.

Protection...I will use boots if my pony needs extra hoof protection.
I am not one of those persons who feel that is a horse is
barefoot....then they must not use boot protection.

Therapeutic...by all means, is a horse needs shoe for health
reason...shoe the horse.

Raven
Lucy & Molly, the Girl Doggies
Huginn & Dixie Chick, the Back Behind the Barn Ponies
Maggie Rose, the cat who makes me sneeze

Respect ALL Earthlings. We are all animals of this planet. We are all creatures.