On Dec 10, 2007 1:10 PM, Mic Rushen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:49:33 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >So, the question:  is there a breed of chicken that produces as well as the
> >leghorn, but lays the brown eggs that people love so much?
>
> Speckledys and Welsummers lay around 280 - 300 eggs per year that are
> dark chocolate brown.
>
> Black rocks lay around 320 eggs per year and have slightly lighter
> eggs.
>
> People here love the eggs from my Cream Legbars (blue eggs) and
> Barnewelders (pinky brown) as well as my Welsummer x Araucanas (green
> eggs) but none of them are such prolific layers.
>
> Mic

i almost said that mic but welsummers are real gard to find around
here.  I have three cuckoo maran eggs in my incubator tho :) and we
dont have black rocks either!  We have barred rocks tho and they are
good layers... what did the poster mean by "non setting"  ??  Do some
not set?  my orpingtons set.
janice

--
yipie tie yie