Considering that Cary and I only use 2-3 dozen eggs per year, and let's
see...I'd need a mobile hen house and fence, another huge dog...hmm, and
added emotional stress due to potential coyote/fox attacks on the chickens
I'd be bound to get attached to...?  And Kommodors/Great Pyrenees live what?
7-8 years?   And they sell for what?  $1000+ each?  And the dogs eat how
much...?  That sounds like an expensive way to get my two dozen eggs!  Oh,
wait - didn't someone say something about having chickens donated to feed
their dogs?   Now I'm confused --- do the chickens support the dogs, or do
the dogs protect the chickens...?

Actually, we had chickens when I was a kid and I'm not anxious to go back to
those days.   The bantam roosters would sometimes chase me, and occasionally
a dog or cat would kill one of the hens or biddies, leaving me all teary.
(Once the neighbor's dog got a whole batch of cute new biddies...) Oh yeah,
I remember the HUGE copperhead I found in the henhouse one time - THAT was
scary!  Chickens were not that much fun when I was a little kid.  And yes, I
really do understand the phrase, "running around like a chicken with his
head cut off" - yuu-uck!  No thanks!