Hi Raven,

  Thank you for the welcome.  Yes it is sad,  My mare had a "hitch" in her gait
before I bought her.  The breeder and vet said she was fine.  I just thought
she needed conditioning as some horses can prefer one side over the other.  She
would occasionally take a short stride with her left hind.  She had been in
pasture and never trained at all.  One year later after six months in training
she began to get worse.  So the vet dx's her with spavin (2k worth of tests)
It was an expensive lesson.

  Yes Peruvians are smooth.  I love my mare she is very sweet.  I just remember
every time I road an Icelandic I always had a big smile on my face.  Not the
same with my Peruvian.

  Please tell me about your horse.

  Maria