Hi Lynn

>>>I have Peruvians and they are all finished in Peruvian bits, which I
don't consider a particularly harsh bit at all. The finished horse works on
a loose rein with its mouth closed and its poll flexed.

That is the way I have seen Peruvians ridden in bit is like with the spade
bit - there is a slack in the rein, the horses are carrying themselves.  The
reins are used in the lightest way - quite different from what was shown in
the photo that prompted the change.

 I don't really think it is often about any bit but rather how it is used.
A snaffle can be incredibly severe depending on the type of snaffle and how
it is used.

Robyn

Icelandic Horse Farm
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty