>Hi...my gut feeling was that they withdrew the Peruvian bit due to the
>fact that it is not an "Icelandic" piece of equipment.

That's the FIPO rule they used to withdraw it (though why the hell it
was allowed in the fist place at the WC I don't know).

Will they get to a
>point where only "Icelandic made" equipment is allowed?

As Icelandic-manufactured bits cost around $200 at least, somehow I
doubt it! ; )

 Then why the
>dropped noseband, I believe that it was Germany who introduced this to
>the Icelandic breed (??).

Yes. And the Leveller noseband and various other lovely ideas.

>a blue. Can I ask what has the pace has been traditionally used for in
>Iceland? Getting from village to village as fast as possible or only
>in competition? Reason I ask, is if it's a risky gait for maneuvering
>curves and bends, it's not IMO...a gait that could be utilized for
>trail riding.

It IS used on the trail, on trails that are long and straight (which
they have a fair few of), mostly just as a blast, to show off to your
friends, to have a good time. Mostly it's used in competition for
racing. They never, ever used to do it on an oval track in Iceland
until the last few decades, after the Germans started doing 5 gait
tests on the oval track. Even now, the most popular competition in
Iceland (gaedingakeppni), which is held on a large oval track, does
not show pace there but moves onto a straight track for that segment.

Hey, maybe we should be referring to "German Traditional Icelandic
Style Riding...."!  ; )

>catch up. HA!  BTW...I  also do not believe that FEIF will start
>making big changes to their competition rules based solely on the
>whims of the USA.

No, they won't. Until Iceland, Germany and Sweden agree too, it's just
not going to change that much. I really think that even if the other
FEIF countries all got together against the Big Three, it would still
take some doing. : (

Mic

Mic (Michelle) Rushen

Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs:
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"