Style Riding...."!  ; )

No, no, no.  Now, Mic, that's not politically correct at all.  :)
Ironically, the two people I met first and spent time with in conjunction
with Icelandic horses were Anneliese and Christine Schwartz...both Germans
for whom I have great respect.  Come to think of it, they both have great
senses of humor, so they'd probably take it ok.   We can amend the name to
be the
Non-Christine-Non-Anneliese-German-Traditional-Icelandic-Riding-Style.
Catchy, huh?

The real irony to me is how this has gone full circle in a few decades -
speaking of the German influence I mean.  I've heard from a couple of
different sources this story and I believe it.  When the first boatloads of
Icelandics went to Germany (1960's maybe?) there were essentially no gaited
horses at all left in Northern Europe.  So...where did they turn?  The
version I've always heard was that there were a few American Saddlebreds
being imported into Germany about that time - so they turned to some
American show horse trainers.  And of course, a look back at history will
show that the darkest era in American gaited horse history was probably
about the 1960's and 1970's...in the show ring.  By the time I got my first
TWH, in the late 1980's, the Big Lick thing was already going into its
backlash phase here in the USA, at least in my part of NC.   But then people
like Janice and me who have known gaited horses for a long time got into
Icelandics, and we see some eerie similarities and we got lectured to
"educate ourselves."  Duh.  Honestly, those of us who have been around
American Saddlebreds will tell you that the similarities to today's
Icelandic showing is not funny at all.  It's downright scary.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:27 AM

IceHorses Community for Photos and Videos:  http://kickapps.com/icehorses

"The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate,
contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic."

"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

[] Lee Ziegler  http://leeziegler.com
[] Liz Graves  http://lizgraves.com
[] Lee's Book  Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo
[] IceHorses Map  http://www.frappr.com/IceHorses