--- In IceHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Judy Ryder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Use the clicker.  You can always start small.  Say you have a big
tent made
> from a tarp.  Take the tarp, or a similar smaller object, and fold
it up to
> a small size.
> As the lesson(s) progress, the size of the object can be increased
> (unfolded), and put it different spots, up, down, eye level, on,
under,
> above, etc. so the horse can view, smell, and hear it from
different areas
> and positions.
>
> Why you would want to use the clicker?  Because the sound hits the
amygdala
> and is perceived and processed so much faster than a "good boy" is
taken in
> and processed.

Thank Judy and everyone else who posted,
I have learned a lot about how to chunk the exercise, add variations
to the exercise, use the clicker, maybe include some smells, work on
additional camping obstacles, etc.  I will continue working with
these variations and let everyone know how we progress.
Regards, Pamela