Okay.  I am SO connfused.  Bear with me while I try to sort this out.  I
really have only ridden a lot on the one gaited horse, a TWH , with most of
my 43 years of riding on Thoroughbred types.

Judy writes:

>> Collection is not present in the easy gaits.  Collection has an upward
>> vector, and the easy gaits have an earth-bound vector... opposite, and
>> that's what makes them "easy" gaits :-).  If we collect them, they'll  be
>> trotting!

And then Lynn writes:

 Neither horse (nor any of my horses) offered  the trot under saddle -- and
in the show ring the surest way to get a
poorly gaited horse to pasitrote (and get the gate <g>) is to let it  get
strung out and ventroflexed.

It could be something about how my single horse is conformed, but he is
always ventroflexed when doing an intermediate gait.  He does round up at
the trot and canter.  I had the idea that his ventroflexed position was a
function of the gait.  Have I got it wrong - again?

Nancy