--- Mic Rushen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:58:33 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >At least  with Peruvians, what is highly desirable
> when gaiting -- ie.,
> >enough reach with the back legs such it is stepping
> under the saddle
> >area and is capping or, even better, overstepping
> by up to 12 inches
> >the front hoof prints, really doesn't happen if the
> horse is
> >ventroflexed
>
> But it certainly DOES happen in competition
> tolt..... although tolt is
> not collected.

Here's my question:  do people THINK it is collected
because the horse's head and neck are cranked up and
back, and then when pushed for speed, of course the
horse is stepping under itself, because the front is
held back so much.  But that is not a round-backed
collection.  Plus, I didn't think you could do true
collection in speed?

Susan in NV
  http://desertduty.blogspot.com/
  Riding for Breast Cancer Awareness