Hi Renee

 >>Oh my . . . He's show quality, isn't he?   He looks like the perfect
"example" dogs I've seen in books!   

 

 Not at all, he is not registered, but pet quality I think but he is a love
and I will miss him when he goes home.  He does have a nice coat but he
didn't.

 

  >>> She's a keeper though.   The vet, who initially tried to steer me away
from Poms is quite impressed with her temperament.   She loves everyone she
meets, doesn't yap on and on about things (that was my opinion of little
dogs before Lucy -- little "yappers") and she is just a jaunty,
happy-go-lucky little thing.     I like her outlook on life.   We're still
in the throes of potty training.    So far, she has me trained to line my
house with Pee-Pee pads it seems.  

 

Do you have other dogs as well?  I think that is why Sushi is doing so well
about peeing outside, also at his home they don't have a yard so he has to
be taken out on a leash every time and I don't think he gets put outside a
lot.  

 

 Interesting about the barking - Sushi barks when things happen, like people
come to the door and other times that I would call appropriate barking.
When all six dogs getting running around playing he also gets excited and
sometimes his barking is a bit shrill, but little dogs can't take voice
lessons to lower their bark any more than big dogs can sound any less
'fierce' because they have a deep bark.  : ))  

 

Actually Poms are quite appropriate with Icelandics, don't you think, being
in the Spitz family - just mini Icelandic dogs really...

 

Robyn

 

 

  _____  

 

 

  

Reply via email to