> For that reason, the four-foot goldfish pool I imagined became an
> approximately 6x19 foot pond with  two sections, a one-step waterfall
> between and a bigger waterfall at one end.   It works  great with VERY
> little maintenance.<

So. . . with the waterfalls, I'm assuming there's a circulation system in
place?   If so, that will help maintain water quality quite a bit.

Virginia -- Can you clarify:    Are we talking about a ornamental pond, or a
farm pond?     Is there a synthetic liner in it, or a dirt/clay bottom?
Is there a pump which circulates or aerates the water in it?    With the
size you gave of 35' x 50', it could be either a very large ornamental pond,
or a small farm pond.

 I was thinking and commenting from the standpoint that you were talking
about a natural farm pond, but maybe not????

-- Renee M. in Michigan