Hi Nancy
>>>Well, I probably won't be doing that, but I did put a sidepull on Yrsa
the other night.  Being a traditionalist, I have always done my ground
driving with a snaffle bit.  Is there any reason not to drive with a
sidepull?

Linda started teaching starting young horse courses for amateur owners in
the 70's and then and now we always start young horses ground driving from a
halter or sidepull.  It makes not sense to me the way that people show
starting young horses by ground driving from a bit when they have no idea
what it means and with the weight and length of driving lines - no matter
what they are made of, it is a tremendous weight on their mouth.  It is much
different from when you are holding reins and there is only about 3 feet
between your hand and the horse's mouth.  With driving lines there is 4-5
times that distance - increasing weight and making the signal even farther
to travel.

We are just back from the fifth Expo this month and I am sorry to say that
some of what I see as being taught as good horsemanship is IMO very high
stress training methods.

Robyn Hood - also just trying to recover from the flu...