--- Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I know that much of the North American continent
has mild enough weather such that ponds and lakes
> don't freeze deeply enough to be useable even for
> ice-skating, much less strong enough to
> hold up the weight of a 1000-pound horse/rider
pair.<<

I just love it when the whole top half of the country
(not to mention the continent) is just neatly
eliminated like that. We do actually exist and it is
commonplace for everything including trucks to be
driven on the lakes and ponds all winter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQHbnza-uc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBF9Yyw5nU0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLDdjiaOqxk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUsfJ5kH-vU&feature=related