>>> OTOH, those warmbloods that don't make the cut as breeding stallions or
>>> six figure Olympic hopefuls wind up somewhere, and not all are pulling
>>> carriages.  There was an 18 hh (unbranded) Hanoverian at our NATRC ride
>>> this weekend and he had good recoveries and took very good care of his
>>> rider.

Yes, but the topic here was breed standards, not the exceptions to the
breed.  I have an Arab who did remarkably well in hunters when there was a
strong prejudice against the breed in that sport.  We also have a
supposed-to-be western pleasure App that couldn't jog if his life depended
on it...but he made a nice low-mid level dressage horse, and was also a
pretty decent hunter.  There are always exceptions, and as I said before, I
don't think too many people buy warmbloods to be pleasure horses.