On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Nancy  Sturm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  The horses are their thing too, making  them "our thing."
>
> Bruce, who hasn't been on a horse in 40 years, cleans the stalls, does the
> afternoon feeding, does all the hauling of feed, hay, shavings, maintains
> the horse trailer and hauls me to an occassional endurance ride.
>
> If I even whisper the suggestion  that we don't really "need" Twist and
> Yrsa, he lets me know that they need us - true for Twist, probably a lot
> less so for Yrsa.  I think a husband  can be very involved with horses and
> still not actually ride horses.

When you list all of the things to be thankful for each night - make
sure he's on the list  :-))

--
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them." -
William Farley

"I ride ponies because heart is not measured in hands." - Steve Edwards