>>> I like the Parelli programme. We have had more fun with it than with the
>>> Click that Teaches. I put that down to using the clicker with it. The
>>> click that teaches can be too intense. It keeps me in the right mindset,
>>> playful. Ofeig likes it better at this stage.  thats just my opinion and
>>> I know very little.  Sue Coombes

I'm not so sure about that last statement Sue.  I think you're doing fine.
When we're picking through all the works about training horses, we have to
use several criteria in selecting what we'll use: what's going to be
intuitive for us humans - if we can't relate to a program and understand it,
we're not going to be able to use it fully.  And we also have to decide what
method (or the degrees of a particular method) will work best for the given
horse.   I applaud you for picking bits and pieces of various methods that
feel right to you, and that you think are right for your horses.

As far as the "dominance" part of the equation, I generally try to take the
51-49 percentage routes with my horses...but dealing with a feral horse
makes me VERY aware how important those two separating percentage points
are.  I have to be very careful from the get-go that the advantage falls to
my favor.  I have clicked him for a couple of things - while outside his
stall - but no way will I tempt fate by chancing a "mugging phase" while
dealing with an 800-pound feral stallion.   Different training methods have
their places...with different horses, or in different phases of the horse's
life.  If I HAD to chose (and of course, thankfully, I don't) between
clicker training and some Parelli-ish flavor of Natural Horsemanship, I'd
pick the NH route.   I think it's just wonderful that we don't have to go
all-or-nothing with any training method/theory.