Barry Leiba wrote:
> This is the promised seed for 4871bis discussion.  Is the group ready
> to move ahead with that?  Is the DKIM signing protocol ready to go to
> Draft Standard?  Is there an update needed, with another cycle at
> Proposed Standard?  Is there energy in the group to follow a 4871bis
> effort through?

1) Another Proposed Standard Cycle: -1; nothing to be gained, much to lose.
2) Draft Standard: -.1: not sure what we have to gain other than an IETF process
    Gold Star that nobody outside of the IETF standards potato world understands

As far as I can tell, DKIM deployment is going along just fine without any
further help from the IETF. Why risk screwing up a good thing?

                Mike