--On 30 April 2010 12:37:22 +0000 John Levine <jo...@iecc.com> wrote:

>> Then the recipient has some evidence to assist in his evaluation. In
>> fact,   the changes made by this list are easily reversible, if someone
>> wants to   try to reverse them and check the original signature. But he
>> cannot do   that with a signature that has been removed.
>
> Huh?  If we could write down the changes that lists make to the mail
> they send, we would have done so.  My list managers have been known to
> remove or reorder MIME parts and flatten HTML into text.  I even run
> some quaint lists where the editor hand-edits the messages.  No, those
> aren't "illegitimate", they're standard practice and have been for
> decades.
>
> R's,
> John

Perhaps they are, but there could be some value in trying to define a set
of reversible list modifications which would permit DKIM signatures to
still be useful. That's not to mandate those modifications, or to forbid
others, but as guidance. It could be a way forward.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex