On Aug 2, 2010, at 11:13 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

> [...]

Altering the From: address is the behaviour of an anonymous remailer.

That's a valid use case, certainly, but a tiny, tiny niche compared with the
usual use of a mailing list manager, where the point of the MLM is to enable
people to communicate with each other. In almost all cases the From: field
should identify the person who wrote the email, not some intermediate
implementation detail.

A "-1" on ever altering the From: field for any reason other than special
requirements of the people running a specific mailing list.

Cheers,
  Steve