Neither of those citations give any value to a failed signature.

> >> As the From: address is mandatory input for the signature, it may be a
> >> logical step to also make it mandatory in the output?
> >
> > Given the above, do we still need to?
>
> To be more DKIM Mail Integration Consistent and Complete - yes.
>
> See RFC5585 Figure 1 DKIM Service Architecture. The AUID is needed for
> the major CSP (Checking Signing Practice) black box flow in the DKIM
> design.

Since ADSP is predicated on the SDID, the AUID is not useful here.  Moreover,
the AUID in a failed signature is not useful as it could have been modified.

And, once again, DKIM delivers those values but does not use them.  You're
talking about making a filtering decision based on them.  Those happen in
different layers.  It's fine to have other layers do other amazing things, but
we're trying to stay focused on this one.