>> 4.3 it would be nice to talk about message encoding change like QP->8bits,
>> may be in minor or major body changes. It is a minor change for the human
>> but major for the machines as many characters got changed.
>
> Which MLMs do this?  I've never heard of that.

mj2 does all sorts of MIME smashage, although as far as I can tell nobody
but Mozilla and I use it any more.  It's fairly common to flatten
formatted text down to plain text either in the MLM or with a prepass like
demime.  But we already know there are more ways that lists can break
signatures than we can list, so I don't see any point in listing more of
them.

>> "such as a signing and author subdomain {DKIM 12}" -> "such as a signing
>> and author subdomain {DKIM 12} or a totally different domain"
>
> I'm on the fence on this one.  Does anyone else have an opinion?

It's an example, no need to change it.

R's,
John