A couple of points.  In 3) you say that you demand that message not be able
to be altered.  Can that be done?  I can only think that alteration is
detectable (signatures, et. al.)

Also, I would add that if a store and forward method is used, the message
must not be readable at the storage site.  These days, users have a minor
expectation of privacy (in fact, I would imagine that a poll of Joe Shmoe
email users would show that most of them have high expectations of privacy)
because the email process gets most mail to it's destination in one shot.
Hijacking a session is hard (for the non-dedicated), so it can't happen all
that often, and email that doesn't get sent to an intermediate hub is on and
off the net quickly.  However, if the message is stored in clear text on an
intermediary server that is universally accessable...

Security Issue.

At least most people's mail servers at, say, an ISP are behind some form of
protection from the average script kiddie, and corporate email servers are
typically behind a Firewall.  This allows the luxury of mail storage in
plain text.  However, temporary storage sites that anyone can access should
store the email in an encrypted file.  How do we get encryption into the
equation?  Is there another way?  Do we, as a group, believe that privacy is
a requirement?

ICMan