[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 19:12:26 +0200, Anthony Atkielski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said: > > Anyway, I have a really good instinct for picking technology winners, and > > thus far I put WAP in the same category as MiniDiscs, bubble memory, color > > fax machines, and quadraphonic sound. I think the growth area is in: > > The MiniDisc died. MP3 is a big business. People wanted the functionality. > The MD is in no way dead. There are MILLIONS of them in Japan and across Asia. MDs never took off in the US/Europe, but that doesn't relegate it to the betmax graveyard. When 1 billion Chinese are recording their MP3s onto MDs and memory sticks, would you call that a dead technology? > WAP may die like the other stuff mentioned above. However, people DO want > the functionality - or something like it. Absolutely. Whatever the technical standard, mobile computing is not going away. Regards, r e n -- ascii: r e n f i e l d octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144 hex: \x72 \x65 \x6e \x66 \x69 \x65 \x6c \x64 ** note new work email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] **

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature