On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 21:32:35 EST, Richard Shockey said:
> The Net as we know is has always been application driven. SMTP, HTTP, FTP
> etc. These applications can transverse NAT's but real forms of streaming
> media cannot.

OK.. I'll admit that streaming stuff isn't my strong point, and I'm down with
the flu to boot, so my clue level is pretty low here.. but...

Is it SIP that cannot work across a NAT, or is there a generic reason that
*no* streaming-media protocol can work across a NAT?

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst
                                Virginia Tech