On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 04:47:42PM -0800, Eliot Lear wrote:
> You know, the people on this list make great computer scientists, network
> architects, application and protocol designers.  I'm not so sure how many of
> us understand CHI.  Some of us like to think we do, but I suspect very few
> of us actually do.  So, given this, why don't we ask some people who really
> DO understand this problem to come up with a decent recommendation, rather
> than perennially flaming about it?  Then we can ask them to help us with
> NATs ;-)

But CHI is only a secondary issue.  The primary issue is the best format
for archives.  We want something which is not likely to be superceded by
something better in a few years.  So far there's only one alternative.
Others, like XML DTDs, are promising but still have too much
vulnerability.

...Scott