Jun'an Gao wrote:

> >  *> well-known, but some RFCs such as those on OSPF may be much
> >  *> more vivid if written in XML. There have been quite a few
>
> > Vivid?  We are talking about deeply complex technical documents
> > here, not MTV.  What do you mean, "vivid"?
>
> Maybe, we can display, say, an example of routing information flow,
> vividly. Putting a hyperlink to a GIF animation in the XML document
> would works.

Pointing to where?

Should active Internet connectivity be necessary to read an RFC?

Even if a "local"/file URL is specified, how can this compound
document get distributed via Email ... mailers vary greatly in
how they deal with attachments.

I definitely see the potential value in HTML/XML *annotated*
RFCs. But they should be an additional expression of what
is in the ASCII.

cheers -- Sean