I may also point out that RMS himself keeps these matters separate from
Free Software issues. All of us know (I hope so) that he is a person who
reacts to all kinds of oppression and curtailment of freedoms. He has
reacted to issues including National Identity Cards (what is being
introduced here as Unique ID), activities of Coca Cola company,
Guantanamo Bay, fingerprinting of air passengers by UK and so on. But he
keeps them separately from the activities of FSF. I think that is the
way it should be. Let us react to global issues, but let us keep them
separate, lest we mix up too many things and not achieve anything. Hope
people don't misunderstand this as a call for suppressing the freedom of
speech. This group itself does have members who are active in other
areas of concern, but they make use of other appropriate forums for such
purposes. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India