Version is Mandriva Free 2010.  When tried to add new connection, this
message appeared: 'Configuration finished.  But connectivity test
failed...'  System did not ask for my user id or password.
Regarding sound:  Sound thru onboard AC97 is working;  But I could not
configure my home theatre Creative 5.1