I have experimented either by choosing 'DSL'  and 'manual
configuration' several times.  The answer is either 'No package named
'rp-ppoe' or 'No medium found.  You must add some media thru 'Software
Media Manager'.  I have tried Software Centre to install 'rp-ppoe'.
Nothing found.  I have tried by inserting the CD in the drive also. It
was also a failure.

Friends, I have tried the latest 3 Linux os in my computer--Ubuntu
9.10, Linux Mint RC 1, Mandriva 2010.  In all these OSs, I could not
install a stable Network connection. ( I have to configure pppoe every
booting in Ubuntu & Linux Mint).  All of them could not play my 5.1
Home Theatre!