Look at it this way - as a sysadmin I would not want removable media (floppy
cd/dvd pen drives etc to enter (for fear of contamination of my network) or
taken away (information security) so much so such devices are disabled - and
that is precisely where the problem lies. Most of us are worried about one's
own machine and one is free to do whatever as long as it is standalone. Come
networking, the scenario changes drastically. DOS/Windows came into being in
the standalone mode and is good and functional in that environ.

Also, knowing more is, as far as I am concerned, better than knowing nothing
- it does it all for you- attitude is good enough as long as it works; when
it fails one does not know what is to be done - and that is bad

best/harish
.