seems  people still have confusion about freeware and free software..
free must use Open Source  the term  always..

and for the event..here some suggestions.

make a stall for demonstrating
Open Source Softwares/Operating Systems
Install fest
Open Office/other Open Source alternatives

conduct a speech about the philosophy of open source..
etc

On 9/14/10, Kenney Jacob <kenney.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you hosted any website for the event ?
>

> Kenney
>
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:16 AM, Akhil <akhil.alfon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mar Athanasius College of engineering is organising a technical
>> festival on account of its golden jubilee. We already invited 150
>> colleges, and expect a participation of 10,000 students across the
>> country.
>> On this occasion, we are planning to distribute free software during
>> the festival and celebrate software freedom day(18th Sept). But the
>> problem is we don’t have proper collection of both destros and free-
>> apps.  We have requested zyxware for assistance. We only have a vague
>> idea about, how to celebrate freeware day.
>> We need all your help to make this a grand success. Hard task is that,
>> there is only 4days left...
>> Please,help us....fast...
>> Contact me:
>> Akhil Alfons k
>> Computer Science and Engg(dept)
>> MACE
>> Ph:9495205564
>> Email:akhil.alfon...@gmail.com <email%3aakhil.alfon...@gmail.com>
>>
>> --
>> "Freedom is the only law".
>> "Freedom Unplugged"
>> http://www.ilug-tvm.org

>> ilug-tvm-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>>

>> For details visit the google group page:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en

> For details visit the google group page:

*ησямαℓιту ιѕ тнє υηινєяѕαℓ α¢¢єρтє∂ кιηк*

  Jeevachaithanyan Sivanandan
  CyberBeamS Technologies
  http://www.cyberbeams.com
  http://www.jeevanism.wordpress.com