> Ways to promote FLOSS:
> communication..
>
> 3. To form a team to lobby colleges, to adopt floss, and related management
> processes..  this lobby team would contain the network of teams who has in
> one or other way some influence over college management..

Let me share my recent experiences and I believe we should focus at
the grassroots level also, targeting
students.

I had chance to be in a group of students pursuing their engg in
various colleges in and around the city.
I suggested to one of the student (3rd year ECE) to try the latest Ubuntu  8.04;
infact, I gave them the CD that I got shipped from The Netherlands.

He had no problems in installing but the questions he asked me
thereafter did surprise me; he was trying to
install M$ office and winamp in ubuntu (without using wine). I have
assured him that I would help him
further on how to install SW in GNU/Linux, configure and setup new HW.

I plan to introduce (subscribe) him to ILUGC, all this with the
emphasis that this is his choice and an opportunity
to widen his knowledge

--
regards
Ramanathan