2009/3/2 Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@au-kbc.org>:
> we are working on it, and will shortly be conducting a meeting with
> responsible people in VTU and the Karnataka government. We have a mandate to
> *promote* foss - we do not have a mandate to oppose universities signing MOU's
> with vendors of proprietary software. Previously the powers that be in
> Karnataka were very opposed to FOSS

Ok.

> and the FOSS community in Karnataka was in
> disarray. Now a strong FOSS community has emerged and

I think that you should not come to these conclusions just from your
interactions with a
couple of people on online groups and/or by attending the recent
meeting at Bangalore.
The Free Software Movement or FOSS movement in Karnataka has been
making a lot of
progress and much before my tenure at NRCFOSS.

> the government is also
> more favourably inclined towards FOSS, so we have a good climate to work.

This needs further assessment.

--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822