On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Srinivasan Sundararajan <srini...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Prakash A S <asprakas...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > The first and third para from Srinivasan sir reply, it clearly shows that
> > Mr.Baskar have lots of controversies from his words..:(
> >
> > -
>
> dear prakash:
> Baskar has come up with a version of FOSS Lab Server -- as he felt that the
> colleges has a need for it.  He had also asked me about NRCFOSS FOSS
> electives and I presume he had picked up the info from the relevant web
> pages.
>
> Just as there are many linux distros, some of us could come up with
> different ways of providing material to colleges. Of course, the
> perspective
> might differ.
>
> the one thing we have in common with him is the understanding that
> "download
> from net" may not be viable option at many places.
>
> we are working in the realm of free/open source software. anybody could
> build afresh or from existing material.
>
> from my point of view, the USP of Baskar is that he could reach out to
> colleges. In fact, we had briefly discussed about how NRCFOSS could support
> his visits. Since we have been in a transition stage, the discussions were
> ongoing and I suggested that he should also meet up with Prof CNK. [the
> fact
> that I was moving off to C-DAC was also a minor factor].
>
> we have to seek collaboration, not collision.

I agree that, the open source world allowed to recreate/modify or come up
with own idea. There is no controversy on his idea/work what he achieved.
The thing is, cant accept he is not aware of NRCFOSS's FOSSLab server.

After this thread I discussed with our colleague and he confirmed that he
visited; specifically asked FOSSLab server flyer and got it from our stall.

Personally, my mind could not accept your creditability reg his(?) fosslab
server work.

-Prakash