> What filesystem are you using? Have you looked at the mount options? For
> example, ext3 has a sync option which performs poorly since all the data
> is written in sync instead of buffering it but it is probably worth it
> if you can't wait for a buffer flush.
>
> Hi !

I have only 256 mb Compact flash. So can not afford ext3 jounaling system. I
also found it is a overkill for embedded system. So the OS uses ext2.

I used "auto" and "sync" in the mount options ( please refer to earlier
post)

(RUN+="/bin/mount -t *auto* -o *rw*,noauto,*sync*,dirsync,noexec,
nodev,noatime /dev/%k /media/usb%n", OPTIONS="last_rule")

  So USB sticks with ext2 , ext3 and FAT seem to be working well - provided
you wait till the lights go off ! But we are mostly concerned about FAT .So
we are good now.

Cheers

Varadarajan
www.cloudversity.com